Adult and Youth Volleyball Official
Come work at a place where you have a direct impact on the quality of life for Kent residents, business owners and visitors alike!
ADULT AND YOUTH VOLLEYBALL OFFICIAL
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
(6 Positions Available)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: TEMPORARY/SEASONAL
OPENS: August 6, 2021
CLOSES: Until Filled
HOURS: 5hrs - 15 hrs. a week during September through June
HOURLY RATE: $16 - $22 per hour depending on experience
Under direct supervision of Recreation Coordinator, adult sports officials are responsible for facilitating and officiating the Adult Volleyball league through the fall, winter and spring months & Youth League through fall and spring months. The position requires the ability to interact positively as an effective member of a working team. Adult League matches are on Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Officiating positions require volleyball experience and a background in sports officiating is preferred
Applicants are subject to a position-relevant background check
Example of Duties:
Sports officials duties include the ability to:
1) Set-up and take-down Volleyball standards, nets, pads, etc.
2) Control games in a confident and appropriate manner
3) Ensure all participants comply with league rules
4) Make and sell calls with confidence and knowledge of league rules
5) Assist in emergency procedures
6) Make sure teams have appropriate equipment, etc.
7) Keep records including, but not limited to, score, incident/accident reports, timecards, and communication with the Recreation Coordinator.
8) Other duties as assigned
Work is performed in a gym environment; may be exposed to individuals who are difficult. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Subject to irregular work schedules including weekday, weekend, and evening.
The City of Kent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Reference #: R309