Adaptive Recreation Day Camp Counselor
- General Purpose
- Adaptive Recreation Day Camp Counselor
(2 Positions Available)
Hours: 40 hours per week; program runs from June 24 through August 14, 2020
Mandatory Training Dates: June 20, 22, 23
Mandatory Parent Night: June 23
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Interview dates for this position have not been finalized.
Please attach cover letter and resume to application.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Adaptive and Youth/Teen Manager and Program Coordinator, plan and lead daily activities for children ages 6-12 with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
Camp consists of a maximum of 5 campers and 1-2 staff members. Activities include arts and crafts, games and sports, STEAM projects and a weekly field trip.
- Education, Experience and Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid CPR and Standard First Aid Card or have the ability to obtain by start date
Applicants are subject to Washington State Patrol criminal history background check.Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year or more of experience working with children with and without disabilities in recreation, teaching or day camp environment
- Knowledge of age-appropriate athletic and social activities for children between 6-12 years old with developmental and/or physical disabilities
- Ability to live by Kent Parks mission of "Dedicated to Enriching Lives" and demonstrate the following characteristics: responsible, respectful, honest, energetic, passionate, flexible, original, creative, dependable, thoughtful.