Summer Playground Leader
- General Purpose
Summer Playground Leaders
(6 Positions Available)
Hours: 26 hours per week; Monday-Thursday, with 3 Fridays; 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; playgrounds run from June 24 through August 13,2020
Salary: $14.00-16.00 per hour, depending on experience
Preference will be given to individuals whose applications are received by April 17, 2020.
Interview dates have not yet been finalized.
Please attach cover letter and resume to application.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Adaptive and Youth/Teen Manager and Program Coordinator, plan, lead and implement daily activities for children ages 6-14 at a free, drop-in playground program.
Summer Playground Leaders plan and lead daily activities in the areas of arts and crafts, games, sports, drama, etc.; supervise a large group of children; prepare activities, schedules and reports; adhere to the summer lunch program policies and guidelines; and perform related work as required.
- Education, Experience and Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid cards or have the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of job acceptance.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and with a large group of children.
- Other requirements include three (3) personal and/or work references.
Applicants are subject to Washington State Patrol criminal history background check.
- One (1) year or more of experience working with children in recreation, teaching or day camp environment
- Knowledge of age-appropriate athletic and social activities, crafts and other large group activities for children between 6-14 years old
- Ability to live by Kent Parks mission of "Dedicated to Enriching Lives" and demonstrate the following characteristics: responsible, respectful, honest, energetic, passionate, flexible, original, creative, dependable, thoughtful.