Salary: $14.00 - $15.50 Hourly
- General Purpose
YOUTH BASEBALL OR FASTPITCH UMPIRE
HOURS: 8 hrs to 16 hrs a week during May through mid-July
Training dates for this opportunity have not yet been finalized
SALARY: $14.00-15.50 per hour, depending on experience
Under direct supervision of Recreation Coordinator, Youth Umpires are responsible for facilitating and umpiring the youth baseball and/or fastpitch league May through mid-July. Youth games are Monday through Friday nights from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Youth Umpire duties include the ability to:
- Control games in a confident and appropriate manner
- Ensure all participants comply with league rules
- Make and sell calls with confidence and knowledge of league rules
- Assist in emergency procedures
- Make sure teams have appropriate equipment, etc.
- Keep records including, but not limited to, incident/accident reports, timecards, and communication with the Recreation Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The position requires the ability to interact positively as an effective member of a working team.
Umpire positions require knowledge of the game and/or a background in sports officiating.
- Education, Experience and Other Requirements
Applicants are subject to Washington State background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The incumbent may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a field environment; may be exposed to individuals who are difficult; and may be required to travel to different sites. Work is usually performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Incumbent is subject to irregular work schedules including weekdays, weekends and evenings.